The GARCIA Project is interested in integrating gender perspectives in the management processes, taking into consideration the different levels of the budgetary process.
On the one hand, the GARCIA Project looks at the decision-making processes, on the other hand, the project aims at analyzing the consequences of current trends in management and financing using a gender perspectives. The project aspires to improve gender awareness of decision makers and to promote a gender equal organizational culture.
Recommendations addressed to the implementation of a management system able of capitalizing all the figures belonging to the research staff will be elaborated and a toolkit for the integration of gender budgeting in universities and research centers will be developed.
D5.1) WP5 leader: Elaboration of a common guide for the collection of data [September 2014].
D5.2) WP5 leader: Elaboration of a report on gender biases in management methods and decision-making [October 2015]; Published:
D5.3) WP5 leader: Guidelines and toolkit to integrate gender budgeting in the research sector [September 2016]. Published:
WP5 (Improving gender equality in management and decision making by gender budgeting) is coordinated by the University of Iceland (Iceland).
The Icelandic team is composed as follows:
– Thorgerdur Einarsdóttir: Professor in Gender Studies, WP5 leader and project manager, University of Iceland.
– Gyda Margrét Pétursdóttir: Assistant Professor in Gender Studies, assistant project manager, University of Iceland.
– Valgerdur Edda Benediktsdóttir: Associate research professor, Science Institute, University of Iceland.
– Finnborg Salome Steinthórsdóttir: PhD Candidate, University of Iceland.
– Gudný Gústafsdóttir: PhD Candidate and Project Assistant, University of Iceland.
– Thamar Melanie Heijstra: Postdoc, University of Iceland.
– Thomas Brorsen Smidt: PhD Candidate, University of Iceland.